Are you an escape room fanatic?
Do you have a heart for entertainment and customer service? Are you outgoing and energetic?
We want YOU to join our team at Trapped in the Upstate. View our available jobs here! We would love to have you join the Trapped family.
Escape Room Game Host
556 Memorial Dr Ext, Suite D Greer, SC 29651 • Customer Service • Retail • Sales • Part-Time
Salary Range: $12 – $12 hour
Trapped in the Upstate is looking for an energetic, outgoing Game Host to join our team in our Greer office (ability to work in Spartanburg occasionally is preferred). This person will drive customer satisfaction by hosting our epic escape room games, giving hints and clues, and addressing any concerns that may arise.
The ideal candidate has a customer-first mindset and aims to deliver high-quality service in every customer interaction.
- Greet customers in a friendly and upbeat manner, confirm or complete their booking using Resova and ensure they are ready for their game.
- Carry out the pre-game briefing, following the game-specific script and ensuring that all key points are covered from the game-specific checklist.
- Supervise games as needed from beginning to end, either remotely using CCTV and a typed or spoken clueing system.
- Complete the game experience in a friendly and upbeat manner with a personalized de-brief, taking a team photo, distributing cards, inviting return and escorting out.
- Resetting the game room as needed to the exact specification of the game-specific reset list, double checking that it is ready for the next game.
- Cover reception and deal with any face-to-face or telephone bookings or inquires between games and assist in the daily opening-up and closing-down of the site
- Cleaning game rooms as required, including vacuuming and dusting all in-reach surfaces and wiping down all props and locks.
- Making emergency repairs and replacements to damaged or broken game items and reporting any potential wear and tear to the manager.
- Distributing brochures to the public and attending the company stand at exhibitions.
- Participate in the preparation, building and testing of new sites and games.
Responsibilities and Delegated Authorities:
- Taking payment for bookings in cash or by card using the Resova system and referring any requests for refunds to the manager.
- Ensure a safe working environment for self, other staff and customers by dealing with immediate H&S issues and reporting any potential risks to the manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to address complaints and issues with effective solutions and a positive attitude
- Passion for escape rooms or games with above and beyond service
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs and to be standing for entire duration of shift
- Ability to work at last minute notice (within 1 hour) STRONGLY PREFERRED
**Considered candidates MUST be available to work nights (up until 12am), weekends, and Holidays as needed.**
About Trapped in the Upstate:
Trapped in the Upstate is an entertainment organization dedicated to creating the most immersive and exciting experiences and customer service. We are dedicated to creating amazing games for our customers through creative innovation and storytelling. We believe that escape rooms aren’t just about having fun, but also about the connection that comes from the unique gifts we bring to one another.
Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes a family-style, casual work environment, early access to new games and concepts, discounts on merchandise, competitive compensation and flexible schedules. We view our employees as an extension of ourselves, and want everyone to feel valued and invested in our brand.